Autumnal photos of the New Forest could win photographers great prizes as the popular Seasonal Snaps photo competition returns.
The online contest run by the New Forest National Park Authority highlights the beautiful landscapes and rich culture of the Forest and inspires people to care for the area. Last year’s autumn competition attracted 350 entries that were viewed 30,000 times and over 7,000 votes were cast.
Three winners will be chosen by a public vote, which will be open throughout the competition on the National Park Authority’s Facebook page, and an additional judges’ pick will be chosen by a judging panel.
The results will be announced on Wednesday 22 November and the four chosen entries will win one of several exciting prizes, kindly donated by local businesses:
- Dinner for two at The Terrace restaurant at The Montagu Arms, Beaulieu. This is a five course ‘Surprise Tasting Menu’ by Head Chef and Roux Scholar Matthew Tomkinson worth £160 (www.montaguarmshotel.co.uk)
- A hamper of New Forest treats from the New Forest Hamper Company worth £40 (www.thenewforesthampercompany.com)
- Cream tea for two at Fairweather’s Garden Centre, Beaulieu (www.fairweathers.co.uk)
- A hamper of Ringwood Brewery goodies (www.ringwoodbrewery.co.uk)
Entries can be submitted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from 8 to 22 November and anyone can take part, whether you are an expert photographer or amateur snapper.
Photos need to capture autumn in the Forest, perhaps pigs rooting around for acorns, fiery autumn colours or your children playing among fallen leaves.
Barry Rickman, New Forest National Park Authority member, said: ‘Autumn is a special time of year for the National Park as the pigs roam for acorns and the leaves turn from green to incredible shades of red, yellow and orange. It’s a fantastic time to be out and about with a camera, so why not take a moment to carefully capture a really great photo of what inspires you the most about this special place?
‘This competition is a great way for people to share their favourite moments, places and wildlife within the Forest. It is great to see social media being used to encourage people of all ages to join us in celebrating the New Forest in autumn, hopefully inspiring others to care for the area.’
Entering the competition takes only a couple of minutes and the process is very simple:
- Post a new picture on Instagram or Twitter with #autumnsnaps17, or upload your snap at www.facebook.com/newforestnpa
- Visit the Authority’s Facebook page to view all the photos and get your friends to vote for your entries.
For more on photography in the New Forest visit www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/photography.