|The Beaulieu Village Fete raises money both for the Abbey Church, and for the Beaulieu Common Good Trust, which in turn helps organisations within the area. The fete will be held from 1.30pm on July 19th until 4.30. We are hugely fortunate in having attracted the actress Geraldine Somerville to open the Fete.
This notice is mainly to keep the event, and its date, in your minds as we approach the day. Nothing supports the event more than your attendance, hopefully bringing as many of your friends and family as practicable.
However, a second reason for the email is to ask for your help in one or two of the stalls.
- We are constantly looking for bottles (contact Nigel Betteridge (02381 846229) or Richard Blythe (01590611249), but these can certainly be brought to the Fete on the day, preferably in the morning when the stall holders are busy setting up. Wine and spirits are perhaps the most attractive, but other bottles welcome. For each bottle donated, we net around £5!
- Handbags and Jewellery; again, stallholders would welcome your items, in as fresh a condition as possible please
- The Prize Draw was very successful last year, and we hope to emulate that this year. Draw tickets are available on the day, and many stallholders already have supplies to sell
- This year as an innovation, we have a Champagne Stall, where thirsty attendees can buy glasses of champagne fresh from our Twinning Village of Hautvillers
- Once more we will be entertained by both the Beaulieu Primary Schoolchildren with their Maypole dance, and the Beaulieu Warblers, who will entertain us in their own inimitable and attractive manner. There is a Dog Show, which will not be too serious!
The fete committee joins me in extending a warm welcome to ALL members of the community to come and enjoy the Fete; surely one of the best traditional Fetes in Southern Hampshire. I do hope to see you all there.